Thursday, April 9, 2015

Being a Dental Hygienist


Being a Dental Hygienist requires being passionate about smiles, people and health. After 14 years of practice I am still passionate when I speak of dental health and smile makeovers.   I’ve seen so many cases aver the past decade, and trying to put all that experience in a few simple and motivating phrases can be a challenge. If my patients knew what I did, they would jump on their tooth brushes and flosses twice a day at the least.  I love these challenges and I love making people more comfortable in the chair. There’s enough stress as-is in every day life, so why add to it?
These days, dental appointments can be fun and an enjoyable experience.  More and more people start looking forward to their dental cleanings because they understand the benefits of it and feel the difference in their month’s health; this keeps me motivated and makes me enjoy my work more than ever.  Most of time consists of interacting, soothing and educating. I still find myself being extra thorough, that’s a good sign. I love being a dental hygienist, love the challenge, love the people and most of all love lovely smiles.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment